First Grade curriculum 2012 – 2013
School year will run from Aug 1 2012 to May 31 2013
- Story of the World; In addition to the history readings, we are working our way though the activity guide and also several related read-a-loud as well as following along in our Bibles as well.
- Biblioplan. “BiblioPlan’s curriculum is Christ-centered, literature-based, easy to follow and inexpensive.” It pigeon-tails with Story of the World; offering more extra reading, and syncing Bible History with the SOTW chapters.
- The Usborne Encyclopedia of World History. A photo encyclopedia to give us visual images to “see” the history we are studying.
GEOGRAPHY (first two concurrently, then following item):
BIBLE (Studies will be done consecutively) :
1. Awana’s Sparks year 2
3. Fruit of the Spirit: a Children’s Bible Study of Galatians 5:22 by David Walters
LANGAGE ARTS & GRAMMER (concurrently):
3 Daily dictation
- Visual Perceptual Skill Building® Book 2 Critical thinking Company!
- Mind Benders.
- Dragon logic
- Logic Links (Mindware’s Best Logic Problems : Level A)
- MAYBE — Primarily Thinking, Grades 2-3
- Exploring the Code book 1 ½, book 2 and book 2 ½ if we get to it.
- easy readers for practice
- Sight words, first 3 levels.
- Phonics Pathways (edition 9)
SOCIAL STUDIES (consecutively):
- Truth Quest. We will be covering US history (Viking till I am not sure) as our Social Studies.
- Early American History (Beautiful Feet) by Berg (the link is to the newer version)
- History Pockets: Native Americans, Grades 1-3
1. Art Treasury
Also continued daily work on penmanship and weekly Bible memorization.