- This is a collection, by year, of books (i.e. containing more than one chapter, being read at more than one sitting) we have completed.
- They are in the order we read them, within the year. I have included both books I have read, and audio books we have listened to (if they are actual books, I am not including all the fables, poems and short stories we list to over and over again). Audio books are noted.
CURRENT July 9 2013
Kindy & Pre-K 3/4
- My Father’s Dragon — our first read aloud!
- Elmer and the Dragon
- Mr Popper Penguins. — no we have not seen the movie, i did not KNOW there was a movie, and we will not see movie.
First Grade & Kindy 4/5
- The Matchlock Gun — read it in two days!!
- The Reluctant Dragon — AUDIO BOOK. I think I enjoyed this one much more than the boys, it is slow and relies on rich language. This is a link to the BOOK just for reference.
- Alice in Wonderland — AUDIO BOOK. The second time we have tried this book, and the boys stuck with it much better this time. We’ll do it again in a year, and I am sure they’ll get even more of it them.
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. AUDIO BOOK. Excellent
- The Book of Beasts by Edith Nesbit. AUDIO BOOK Originally Published in 1900 I can’t even fine the full version on Amazon.com. I love the old language.
- TALES FROM THE ODYSSEY AUDIO COLLECTION by Osborne, Mary Pope. Excellent. Big Brother has asked for it over and over again since we finished it.
- Farmer Boys AUDIO
- Pocahontas and the Strangers
- Jamestown, New World Adventure (this is a short book, i log it here only because we read it to continue and “take another look at” Pocahontas and the Strangers)
- Daily Life Apache Warriors
Second Grade & Kindy (stared June 2013)