I am as guilty as anyone of bemoaning my inability to keep my house ‘clean’ with a 3 yo boy, a 5 yo boy and a 17 month lab puppy (that is already over 30 pounds). There times, too many I admit, that I feel prevented from cleaning, or even ‘straightening’ by one or all of my charges. Beyond that frequently they all enjoy recreating messes and disarray that I only just righted.
I offer today, for you to think about, a different perspective. A new understanding I have been rolling around in my head as I go about my daily (*cough* unending *cough*) chores.
I think the boys and the puppy make me a better house keeper than I ever was before them. … ok have you stopped laughing yet? Maybe cleaned up the coffee?
Think about it:
- Before the puppy I did not sweep the porch daily or the garage daily.
- Before the boys I did not sweep the hardwood and tile 2x a day.
- Before kids I did not clean light switches weekly, nor doorknobs either.
- Before kids I did not wash walls, ever.
- Before kids I did not weed or do any of that stuff either (now I do it to keep busy as I am out there with them and trying to allow them to just be).
So I don’t know about you, but the addition of two children (and yes, the one puppy) to my environment has made a positive impact on my cleaning habits. Think about it the next time (i.e. tomorrow) when you feel nothing will ever be clean again — 🙂